Critical Race Writing Workshop
Join us as we meet every other Friday (and alternate some of those Fridays with Wednesdays) from 11:00 am - 12:30 p.m. All of the writing workshops are scheduled for Fridays in Room 2115 of the Parren J. Mitchell Building. Guest faculty will also serve as editors and those names will be given at a later date.
- Friday, September 15th, will be our first Writing Workshop. Tuesday Barnes will workshop her paper on tokenism. Reviewers for Tuesday's paper are Chandra Reyna and Danielle Koonce.
- Friday, September 29th, we will continue our discussion of potential topics, research ideas and workshops that are important to CRI. Other meeting dates will be announced during this meeting as we will have some Wednesday meeting time
- October 13, 2017: Zachary Richer will workshop his paper on the embedded discrimination within multicultural celebrations. Zach's reviewers are Connor Powelson and Tuesday Barnes.
- November 10, 2017: Danielle Koonce will workshop her paper on the Black Lives Matter Movement. Danielle's reviewers are Kevin Winstead and Hannah Kleman.
- December 8, 2017: Asiah Gayfield will workshop her paper on infant mortality rates. Asiah's reviewers are Chandra Reyna and Zach Richer.
Weekly Writing Bootcamp
There will be a weekly writing bootcamp, every Wednesday from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. in the conference room on the 4th floor of the Parren J. Mitchell Building Please see Dawn Dow, Rashawn Ray, or Long Doan for more information.
Stay up to date with upcoming CRI events by joining the listserv and following us on Facebook and Twitter!